What to expect on your first visit
When you arrive at Portland Physical Therapy, our front desk staff will be happy to assist you with the appropriate paperwork. You will then see your physical therapist, who will discuss with you your current complaints, and perform a comprehensive evaluation. Once the evaluation is complete, we will review the findings, and together we will formulate a plan of care to meet your unique goals and needs. We encourage our patients to ask questions, as they are an integral part of the rehabilitation process.
What to bring to an exam
Prior to your first visit we ask you to print and complete the Medical History Form and Patient Registration Forms, and bring them with you to your first visit. If you need the forms sent to you in the mail, please contact our office at 207-828-4455.
Please bring the following:
- Insurance Card(s) Primary and Secondary if applicable.
- Completed Forms
- List of current medications
- Any medical records pertaining to the issue at hand.
- Appropriate attire. T-shirt or tank top for upper extremities, and shorts for lower extremities.
- Medical History Form (PDF)
- Patient Registration Form (PDF)
- Notice of Privacy Practices (PDF)
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices (PDF)
- What to Expect After Your First Visit
If there are no changes to your address and/or insurance, we ask that you fill out a new medical history form for your current complaint. If you have a change to address or insurance, we ask that you fill out a new registration form, as well as a new medical history form.
How to find us
Please visit our Contact Page for our address and contact information.
We require a 24 hour notice of all cancellations or rescheduled appointments. There is a $50 charge for new patient appointments, and a $25 charge for all other scheduled visits that are missed or canceled within 24 hours notice. We understand that we cannot always control our circumstances, and in the event of an emergency or inclement weather, PPT will consider waiving the charge.